Use groups to grant one or more users access to many items in a single operation. Multiple item types can be added to the same group.For example, newly registered users can be automatically added to a group so a special user can be given access to the group and act as an administrator for all the users.
Groups can also be used for sharing items. So you could, for example, add multiple library items to a group then grant multiple users access to the group to form a shared library.
To add multiple items to a group:
- Sign in to the admin interface.
- On the top menu bar, click Groups.
- Create a new group.
- On the top menu bar, click Library.
- Click the List view button () so you can select multiple items.
- Click the check boxes of the items you want to include in the group.
- Click the Multiple Selection button () at the top of the page.
The Multiple Selection dialog is displayed.
- Select Add to group. A dropdown menu appears below the selected option.
- From the dropdown menu, select the group you want to add the items to.
- Select the access level for the items:
- Full — Users with access to the selected group have full access to the item.
- Read only — Users with access to the selected group can view the item but not control it.
- Low vis — Users with access to the selected group will not see the item displayed in the full list of items. This can help speed up performance when there are a lot of items. For more information see Low visibility access controls.
- Click Apply to save your settings and close the dialog.
In the list on the Groups tab, the number and type of items in the group is now included.
- Repeat steps 5 to 8 on the Groups, Users, Sequences, or Screens tabs to add other item types to the group.