The platform is designed to display web pages directly from the Internet. Sometimes it is necessary to host the site locally on the device so it can work in offline mode or reduce delays loading. To achieve these goals it is possible to create a .zip file containing all the HTML and resources for the site and upload it to the platform.
Zipped web page
Name the web page
The zip will automatically be extracted onto the device and read locally by the internal web browser.
An item can provide a streaming media address to display live video. Examples include:
- rtsp:// - Video streamed via RTSP from another device e.g. rtsp://192.168.0.2/live-video.rtsp
- camera:// - Local camera e.g. camera://0 or camera://1
- hdmi:// - Local HDMI input e.g. hdmi://localhost?port=1
- hdmi://zidoo - Special HDMI input from Zidoo device
- http:// - Remote video streamed from the Internet via HTTP e.g. http://www.example.com/remote-video.mp4 - Not recommended. Non-live video should be imported into our content management system to benefit from our CDN, P2P, caches and offline playback.
- hls-http:// - HTTP Live streaming.
- dash-http:// - Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP.
PDF, SWF, DOC, PPT etc
Using these formats is not recommended. However, if they are uploaded, 3rd party viewer extensions may be used to attempt to display them. It is best to use JPEG images and H264 encoded video for consistent output for digital signage.
Note: Advanced content types are only supported on Android devices.